Below given recipe serves six people.
Toor Dhal / Tuvaram paruppu - 1/2 cup
Methi / Vendiyam seeds - 1 spoon
Tomato - 5
Onion - 1 medium sized
Green chilli - 2
Redchilli powder - 1 spoon
Tamarind - 1 medium lemon sized ball
Asafetida - Small Pinch
Salt - 3/2 spoon
Curry leaves - 8 to 10
Corriander leaves - wash it well and chop to fine pieces(2 or 3 spoons)
Cooking oil / Sunflower oil - 3 spoons
Mustard seeds - 1/2 spoon
Method to Prepare :
1) Cook Toor dhal upto 5 whistle in pressure cooker and keep it ready.
2) At the same time, fry the Methi/Vendiyam on a cooking pan without oil till it turns dark brown and gives a wonderful smell.
3) Finely chop the onion , tomatoes and slit open the green chillies.
4) Powder Methi seeds.
5) On the cooking pan, add 2 spoons of oil, chopped onion, green chillies and saute.
6) When the onions turn pale, add tomatoes and saute again and allow them to cook.
7) Add asafetida , red chilli powder and saute well. Close the pan with a lid.
8) prepare Tamarind syrup from the lemon sized ball.
9) Add the tamarind syrup to the cooking pan and saute again.
10) Add 1/2 tumbler water to toor dhal paste mix it well.
11) when tamarind syrup boils well, add the toor dhal mix to the cooking pan .
12) Add Methi powder, curry leaves & salt. saute well. close the pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 5more minutes.
13) Tomato Gotsu is ready now, remove from heat.
14) Add chopped corriander to the gotsu.
15) With 1 spoon of cooking oil, fry the mustard seeds till they burst and add it to the gotsu.
Eat and Enjoy :))