- Small sized Brinjal - 200 gms
- Urad dhal / ulutham paruppu - 1/2 spoon
- Chenna dhal / kadala paruppu - 1/2 spoon
- Coriander seeds / Daniya - 1/2 spoon
- Red chillies - 3
- Asafetida/ Perungayam- small pinch
- Salt - 1/2 spoon
- Mustard seeds/ kadugu - 1/4 spoon
- Gingely oil - 1 cup
- Curry leaves - 8 to 10
- Take a frying pan add 1 spoon of gingely oil, Urad dhal and Chenna dhal . Fry till they turn red.
- Add Red chillies, Mustard seeds, and Coriander seeds and fry again till coriander seeds pop up.
- Remove the pan from heat, Allow the mixtre to cool and powder them.
- Cut open four equal parts from the backside of brinjals to stuff the mixture inside.
- Stuff the powder into brinjals.
- Take 1/2 cup gingely oil in the frying pan, add these brinjals in low flame.
- Saute once or twice and allow it to cook.
- Add more Oil if required.
- Add Asafetida, Curry leaves and Salt as required.
- Saute then and there to cook brinjals evenly.
The powder prepared can be used with potato as well.